Holy Cross is a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We are a thinking church; so drop in and stay for coffee and discussion!
All are welcome to worship and join our congregation, regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, or socio-economic class. ALL ARE WELCOME. FAQs
We are marked by and profess the triune name of God:
- God the Creator of all life
- God the Redeemer of all life, Jesus Christ
- God the Sustainer of all life and Creator of faith, the Holy Spirit
- GRACE alone: we are saved by the grace of God, not by anything we do. Good works are a sign of God’s grace working in us.
- FAITH alone: Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Our salvation is through faith in God alone.
- SCRIPTURE alone: The Spirit works through the Word. The Bible is the standard by which all teaching and doctrines of the church are based. We study Scripture historically, theologically, and personally.
We celebrate two Sacraments:
- Holy Baptism: Water plus the promises of God. According to Luther’s Small Catechism, “Baptism brings about forgiveness of sins, redeems from death and the devil, and gives eternal salvation to those who believe.”
- Holy Communion: Bread and wine plus the promises of God. According to Luther’s Small Catechism “It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ under the bread and wine institute by Christ for us Christians to eat and drink.”
We recognize one Baptism. You do not need to be re-baptized to become a member of Holy Cross. All baptized are welcome at Holy Communion. You do not need to be a member of Holy Cross to receive communion.